6 Strategies to Sell Through a Down Economy
The last couple of years have been a scary time, but have also been an interesting time and, surprisingly, one of the strongest housing booms that we have ever experienced.
That boom has now led to a correction that requires a new way to think, act, and speak to sell successfully today.
6 Strategies to Sell Through a Down Economy
Based on our research, in 2021 and 2022, 80% of buyers talking to sales professionals had already decided to buy a home but were needing to be convinced on whom to buy from.
Today it’s the opposite. 80% of buyers haven’t decided to make a change. They have lost their certainty that it feels safe to buy now.
This is, of course, from rising interest rates, pricing, and the new belief that prices will fall. This doesn't mean builders are doomed. It's actually quite the opposite.
It just means the strategy on how to succeed must be adjusted. This new strategy starts with adjusting our front-line sales professionals’ mindset, process, and language. In this 8-week course: Jason Forrest, Mary Marshall Forrest, and FPG Sales Trainers will teach your team and create accountability around:
What You Will Learn:
My Team Will Deliver the Training Over 8 Weeks in the Following 4 Ways:
1. In the first week, Jason Forrest or Mary Marshall Forrest will lead a private one-hour kickoff zoom webinar with your team. This webinar aims to introduce the 6 strategies while inspiring your team to take advantage of the circumstances ahead. Your team is doing the best they can with the resources they have. So we want to change the way they think about a down market, so a down market changes for them.
2. During the next 7 weeks, your team will watch a short video from me where I teach the specific strategies in more detail. The purpose of this is to break down the complexity of how to sell through a down economy into doable bite-size chunks. This method drives certainty in your team that it’s possible to achieve their sales goals right now.
3. Every week, your team will have specific real-world assignments that must be executed with their prospects. These applications are created for one purpose- to drive more profitable sales today. (While, of course, taking market share from your competition).
4. Your team will get on a 50-minute- private, weekly zoom dojo session with one of our highly trained and certified FPG trainers. These trainers are there for one reason, to create accountability around the strategy needed to be executed that week. They execute this by removing the leashes or selling fears that prevent your sales professionals from winning sales right now.
I am not going to sugar coat what I am about to say, “If you choose to put your team through this 8 week training – they will think, act, and speak differently, but it’s going to require your belief in your people’s capability, and that you believe it’s possible to sell more right now without lowering your prices”.
You're not going to believe what I am about to say
“You’re company’s ability to make 2021 sales numbers in a Q4, 2022, and 2023 economy is not a matter of circumstances – but is a matter of strategy!”
– Jason Forrest
Warren Buffet says, “be opportunistic when others are fearful and fearful when others are opportunistic.” Now is exactly your time to be opportunistic and create an advantage for yourself.
“The problem with most sales training is they lack structure and cohesion, but with FPG, we get both. This has created at least a 35% increase in revenue in the first 4 months, for the company. By implementing their techniques/processes, my individual sales have doubled.”
Owner - Lawn Connections
“I was worried that my very experienced team would revolt following the Warrior Selling 12-Step Sales Process and Customized Script. What I realized instead is that it gave everyone increased confidence and gave my sales leadership team a playbook to hold accountable.”
VP of Sales - Jagoe Homes
“For our front-line sellers, this course teaches how effectively advocating for themselves, their company, their product, and their customer ultimately creates a customer that is an advocate for them, which is important because customers who are advocates buy significantly more than customers who are not.”
Director of Sales Northeast Region - Myers Tires Supplies
“When the housing market changed some builders were worried about sales, but because we’ve been working with FPG we knew this is an opportunity to gain market share. Our teams have trained for seasons like this and because of FPG we are prepared and excited about this current selling season.”
Nanette M. Pfister
Vice President of Sales at Epcon Communities
At FPG Sales Training, We Know That You Want To Be The Leader Of A High-Performing Sales Team.
In order to do that, you need the very best training for your salespeople and sales leadership. The problem is most sales training is philosophical and not tactical, killing your salespeople’s morale while you’re annoyed that you wasted your limited time and budget on another “shot-in-arm” training event. Forrest Performance Group was founded in 2008 to solve the problem that 164 billion is spent on training every year, yet 70% fails to achieve an ROI. We understand how frustrating it is to have no one buy a great product or service that improves people’s lives because the sales experience falls short.
This is why we created the world’s only real-world, tactical, program-based, excuse-free sales and sales leadership training programs. Here’s how we do it:
1. Tell Us About Your Sales Forecast and Your Top Sales Challenges, 2. Let Us Create Your Custom Sales Process and Script, 3. We Train Your Sales Team, And You Watch Your Sales Increase.
Book a Meeting Now to speak to us. So, you can stop feeling the frustration or even disappointment of having to lower your sales forecast and instead start taking the market share that you deserve.
Book a Meeting
Homebuilders, because of the current economy, this course is in HIGH DEMAND. We will be working with you on a first-come, first-serve basis. So sign up now, and we will get you scheduled.