You have a chance to make something extraordinary happen at each sale-stopping moment. And in new home sales, I know you face a ton. There’s potential for rejection around every corner. For example, when:
- it’s 100 degrees outside, but you know the best thing for your client is to walk the homesite
- you’re getting ready to go over financing
- a frowner comes in you don’t think they want to spend time with you
- you know everything is right and it’s time to ask for the close
- they’ve already said no to you and you’re going for the second close
- you’re on the way back to your models and your prospect says, “Yeah, all we need is a price sheet and we’ll be on our way.”
So in any moment when fear is starting to engulf you, your automatic response needs to be 20 seconds of courage.
You may not know what’s going to happen or what they’ll say next, you just know it’s your chance to move the sale forward.
Approach every sales-stopping moment like that and see what happens. Then come back and share what you’ve found. Next, use this image as your screensaver or on your phone. Or write “2o seconds of courage” on your mirror or on a sticky note to remind yourself to push forward every time you want to draw back.
Here’s to earning what you’re worth!